K-Multimedia player (KMPlayer) is a popular multimedia player for the Windows platform. The player is known for its versatile playback options and intuitive user interface. KMPlayer is a free download and comes with no restrictions for usage.
- KMPlayer allows you to play most popular audio and video formats. Some of the stand out features of KMPlayer are:
- DirectShow merit system which selects the best codec available from different codec in Windows
- Screenshot capture feature that allows you to capture screenshots using a hotkey
- Splitters, decoders and renderers ensure quality playback and selection of video
- Playback speed adjustment that allows you to adjust the speed of the video playback
- Playlist helps you manage your videos effectively for further viewing
Thousands of people download KMPlayer every day.
Skins change the appearance of the player. The user interface elements remain the same but the look of the player changes. Skins can be applied not only to customize the looks of the player but also to make it more intuitive and user friendly. There are many skins available for KMPlayer and you can download the skins from the following link: http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2
To apply a particular skin to your KMPlayer, you have to download a particular skin from the link provided above and apply it. You can apply the downloaded skins by following these step by step instructions:
- Open KMPlayer
- Right click anywhere inside the player window
- Select “skins”
- Select “Open Skin Folder”
- Place the skin file that you downloaded
- Click on the new skin
You have successfully changed the KMPlayer skin.
KMPlayer is a free download. You can download your copy of the player from this link: http://kmplayer.en.softonic.com/download . A file will be downloaded in to your computer. Double click on that file and follow the instructions given in the screen to successfully install KMPlayer on your Windows computer.
KMPlayer portable is a lighter version and can be carried around in a pen drive to transfer to computers and laptops. Several third party versions of the portable player are available. You can download the portable version from here: http://shawnplace.com/index.php/multimedia/kmplayer-v3-portable-version-download/
You can also save the settings of your KMPlayer and use it on other machines. This requires you to tweak your Windows registry and it is not advisable if you are a beginner. To save your settings, you need to check the KMPCfg.ini. You can do that by following these steps:
- Open KMPlayer
- Right click in the player window
- Select Preferences
- Select General
- Check the Store Settings to KMPCfg.ini (a bit slow)
You have successfully saved your settings in that file. Now, you can carry that file along and replace it with the file in the computer where you want to import the settings.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.