Before enlisting the names of all free AVI (Audio Video Interleaved) to DVD ((Digital Versatile Disc or Digital Video Disc) converters we will see what AVI and DVD does mean. AVI files, introduced by Microsoft in the year 1992, multimedia container for both video and audio data. AVI is derivative of the Resource Interchange File Format (RIFF) which implies AVI is a single chunk of RIFF. This single chunk is sub-divided into “hdrl” tag and “movi” tag. On the other hand DVD is an optical storage disk developed by Philips, Sony, Panasonic in the year 1995. DVD Video is the standard for storing audio-video contents on DVD media. So here our main concern which all converters convert AVI to DVD-Video which is VOB format.
Free AVI to DVD Converter
Here is list of all freeware AVI to DVD converters:
- Format Factory
- Nidesoft Video Converter
- Quick Media Converter HD
- This conversion software converts AVI to DVD without any watermark.
- Its 100% free.
- It’s a powerful and simple software.
- Having been downloaded and installed, click on All to VOB followed by clicking on Add File to AVI files present in your PC to convert the same to VOB by pressing OK and Start to get watermark free VOB file.
- It works perfectly fine in all Windows OS.
It can be downloaded from www.formatoz.com/download.html
- It is a simple and powerful DVD authoring tool.
- It’s a freeware without any limitations.
- It can convert number of AVI files to VOB files at a single shot.
- You can add your own subtitle, menu to the converted video.
Download Link: http://www.dvdflick.net
- It’s a free software to convert AVI video files to any DVD video file format.
- It’s very easy to use.
- The more interesting features are: cropping video, resizing videos, splitting video.
- The converted DVD video file format will have good video quality with reasonable file size.
- Various video settings like brightness, bit rate, etc. can be customized as well.
- It’s conversion rate is also very fast.
- It can be run in any Windows platform.
It can be downloaded from – http://www.cucusoft.com/SoftwareDownload.aspx?pid=1
- It is an all in one tool to convert AVI video file format to valid DVD video file format.
- It can be downloaded at free of cost.
- It is codec dependent, so if there is any problem related to codec, you have to first un-install the unsupported codec and again you have to re-install the Avi2Dvd.
- It helps in adding texts,menus,subtitles to the DVD videos.
- It is very useful and user-friendly.
Nidesoft Video Converter
- It’s a powerful AVI to DVD conversion tool.
- It is a 100% freeware utility.
- It provides very easier ways/options for conversion.
- It’s easy and fast.
- The converted video will have very good quality with inferential audio effects.
Can be downloaded from http://www.nidesoft.com/video-converter.html
Quick Media Converter HD
- It is also very powerful AVI to DVD file conversion software.
- It is completely free.
- It supports batch conversion.
- It helps in resizing, cropping, splitting DVD videos during conversion.
- Video quality is very high after conversion.
- Bitrates, frequency rates, sizes ,aspect ratio is good too.
- It supports too many codes.
- It’s conversion process is fast as well.
So now let us know which one of these you have used and found to be most useful for your regular video conversion jobs. If we are missing a good tool then also let us know and we will love to add them to our list.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.