Even though laptops and notebooks include analogous and equivalent features like being portable, there are some major differences between them.
tent/uploads/2012/02/difference-between-laptop-and-notebook.jpg” alt=”difference between laptop and notebook” width=”350″ height=”350″ />
As far as laptops are concerned, they are portable enough to carry from one place to the other. As the name states, you can place it on your lap to work comfortably. The price range of laptops is decreasing nowadays since there is more competition involved in the market as to who provides the best ones at an affordable price range.
- Laptops are somewhat larger in size and also contain various aspects.
- The screen size of the laptops is generally between 14” – 17” and they are also upgradable.
- Standard laptops are heavier than notebook computers.
- They possess an ATI Radeon or Nvidia GeForce graphics subsystem, integrated modem, Internal DVD-RW Drive, Wi-Fi and network facilities.
- The speakers tend to be high in quality.
- The keyboard is larger in size, thereby enabling you to use it in a convenient manner.
- Laptops have 2 hours and more of battery life.
If you take notebook computers, they are made to permit you to perform computer work no matter where you are, and also to provide the whole sum of power that you need for work purpose. This particular kind of computer is quite expensive and particularly the best notebooks are always more expensive than what you can ever imagine.
- Notebooks are very much light in nature and so you can easily carry them anywhere.
- The length of the screen is about 12” to 14” and it includes a keyboard that is much more functional in nature.
- It does not consist of an internal floppy disk or ability to employ CDs and DVDs.
- It has only least graphics subsystem and an incorporated modem.
- The speakers are not that good.
- If you want to obtain internet services, you can do it since notebooks have network connection.
- It has more than 4 hours of battery life.
Altogether, as you can see, there are many resemblances and at the same time many differences between laptop and notebook and so it is up to you to choose between them, keeping in mind the purpose you are going to use it for.